Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I went down to Sydney on the weekend to see Patrick Stewart with my Dad. I decided to dress up in my Star Trek original series, with sixties eyeliner, lashes and hair. Definitely a good idea. Was very fun.

Patrick was pretty awesome, I had my photo opportunity with him, got a few signatures. The most amazing part was when he performed a monologue from MacBeth (the part where MacBeth is hallucinating a dagger). When (Sir..because he has been knighted now) Sir Patrick put his hand up and froze in position to start...the most amazing thing was seeing his cheek muscle twitch and his whole face just subtly melt into character.

As someone who was forced to do MacBeth in high school English and hated it, I adored this. I was on the edge of my seat leaning forward. All I could think was 'This. This is what a good actor is like' Wonderful.





No comments:

Post a Comment